CHIA PUMPKIN BUTTER
I love pumpkin and any time I can a find a recipe to add it into, I’m delighted to try it out. This one was a win! I ended putting half of it into a small bowl for the fridge and the rest I froze into ice cube trays for snacks later on. You could eat a small spoonful as a snack or make it as a weekend treat to share.
- 2 cups almonds ( you can either roast them, leave them raw or soak them for 3 hours)
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp of coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp honey or 10 drops liquid stevia (make sure you use liquid, not the powder kind)
- Place almonds in a large food processor and process until they turn into almond butter, turning off the processor and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. This will take between 12-15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth, another 5 minutes or so.
- Place pumpkin almond butter into a storage container and store in the fridge for up to one week or fill ice cube trays with it, freeze it and then store in a zip lock back in the freezer.