see url Creamy Cashew Cheese see
This recipe is easy and delicious. It would go great as a dip with some vegetables, spread over crackers or replace it with recipes that would call for ricotta cheese. Tonight I used it as a substitute for cheese on some veggie pizza I made.
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in filtered water for 2 – 4 hours
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup filtered water as needed for desired consistency
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Place the cashews, 1/2 of the water, 1/2 of the lemon juice, garlic and sea salt in the food processor and pulse until blended.
- Gradually add the rest of the lemon juice and water.
- Add the chopped parsley at the end and pulse a few times to mix it in.
* The more water you add the thinner the cheese will be and less water the make the cheese thicker.