Spring Spinach and Leek Soup
This soup is SOOO delicious! The mix of flavors make a great combination. Adding seeds to soups adds a naturally creamy quality to the dish. This soup is great served either cold or warm.
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 leeks, chopped and washed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups of spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- goat cheese
- Heat the oil in sauce pan and saute leeks and celery until tender.
- Add garlic and seeds, and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and vegetable stock.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add soup to blender , and puree the soup until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from blender.
- Garnish the soup with radishes and goat cheese.