http://theridgepreschool.com/community/ I can’t even begin to describe how much I LOVE this sauce! Even if you are not a cilantro fan, you will eat up anything this sauce in on. I made a chicken dish with this sauce for someone who does not like cilantro, and they LOVED it! Afterwards I told them what the sauce was made of, sometimes you just can’t let people know what’s inside you dishes until they eat it. 🙂
In our house we put it on everything, some of my favorites are chicken, fish, sauce for pizzas, marinades and a dressing for salads. The recipe takes less than 30 minted to prepare, and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (do not include stems)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds or cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I use Kerrygold cheese from grass-fed cows, but you could use any other type of cheese like Asiago, Parmesan or Romano. If you prefer the sauce dairy free, I would add another 1/2 cup of cashews.)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor or blender and mix for 2-3 minutes.