I made these for a post workout option or even on those mornings when I need something really quick and easy. I’m not saying that you should eat these every morning, but they are a great option in those moments when you need something quick. They are also sweet enough that to me they taste like a treats, so I also like to eat them when I need something sweet.
- 3/4 cup protein powder – I used chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds – plus 1/4 cup of shreds to cover the balls.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/3 almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp milk – almond, coconut, dairy or water
- liquid stevia – to taste
- Add all of these ingredients together in a big bowl and mix until well blended.
- Roll small amounts into a ball.
- Roll balls in coconut shreds until covered.
- Refrigerate or freeze until hard.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.