Do you struggle making breakfast in the morning because you are short on time? If so, these beauties are a great option to pre-make ahead. You can either make one the night before or make a bunch and store them in your pantry. You options for flavors are endless, use the ingredients that I have listed below or add you own flavors. The amount of time that it takes in the morning to prepare is less than 5 minutes. If you leave early for work and end up eating at work, you can bring one of these with you for breakfast. You can eat it cold or if a microwave is available you can heat it up there.
- 1 cup water or any kind of milk (dairy, almond or coconut)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or liquid stevia (If using stevia do not use 1-2 Tbsp, but use 10-12 drops)
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp hemp seed or another seed like flax, sesame or sunflower
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix all of the ingredients together in the mason jar, except for the water , blueberries, vanilla and honey, maple syrup or stevia.
- Store in pantry.
- When ready to soak mix in the water, blueberries, vanilla and honey. Leave the jar in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight. You might also want to had another 1/4 cup of water or milk if you like a thinner texture.
- Remove the jar from the fridge after it is done soaking.
- Place the jar in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. (remove lid)
- You can eat out of the mason jar or place oatmeal in a bowl.