Yumm, yumm, yumm, YUMMY!!! These were the words that my mind was yelling as I ate this yummy treat. I made it for Father’s Day weekend and I believe it was gone in less that 10 minutes. I try to limit sugar as much as possible, but we all need a treat every once and awhile. This delicious goodness definitely has a good amount of sugar, but with very minimal ingredients and “healthier” sugar options like dates and pure maple sugar, and for all you Gluten Free fan, yes this is free of gluten too!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cups walnuts
- 1/2 sesame seeds
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- To make the crust, pulse the dates and pecans in a food processor until it forms a dough ball.
- Grease a 9-inch pan lightly with coconut oil. Press the dough into the pan and spread it out evenly into a pie crust shape, raising it at the side. Make sure there are no holes in the bottom.
- To make the filling, blend the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup, shredded coconut and salt in a food processor until it’s completely mixed.
- Garnish the top with walnuts and sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate your pie until the filling sets.
- Remove it from the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before serving.