If you can’t tell, I love to cook with cauliflower. It’s amazing what you can make with this white beauty. This recipe is a delicious substitute for mashed potatoes. I’m sure you could have anyone fooled with what ingredients you are using to make this dish.
Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 5 large cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon basil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower in small pieces.
- Start boiling a large pot of water on the stove.
- Once the water is boiling place the cauliflower in the pot and steam until tender. (about 10 minutes)
- Remove the cauliflower and place into a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Remove from the food processor and serve immediately.