If you like the taste of pecans, try this healthier option for pecan cookies. I love pecan pie and basically anything that has pecans in it. As much as I would love to eat pecan pie all the time, for the sake of my health I limit it to those special occasion. These cookie though have that delicious pecan taste and they make a yummy substitute for those moments you may need something sweet.
- 2 cups of raw pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 10 pitted dates soaked for 15 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the water the dates were soaking in.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and mix until a dough starts to form.
- Form dough into medium sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Wait until the cookies have completely cooled before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.