This smoothie is PACKED full of goodness that taste yummy and is great for your body. One of the ingredients that I added to this smoothie was Collagen Hydrolysate. Why would you put collagen in a smoothie? Well, here’s why –
- Supports skin, hair and nail growth.
- Promotes rapid cell growth producing synovial fluids to lubracate joints, then build tissue.
- Can help tighten loose skin.
- Can improve digestion since it naturally binds to water and helps food move more easily though the digestive track.
- “Rumored” to help improve cellulite.
- Easy digestible protein.
- Great source of the amino acids glycine, lysine and proline.
It’s important that if you use any kind of collagen you get it from a good source. I would recommend using Great Lakes Gelatin -Collagen Hydrolysate
Green Machine Collagen Smoothie
- 1 cup of full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons collagen hydrolysate
- 2 large handfuls of organic greens (kale, spinach, chard)
- 1 large organic celery rib
- 1/2 organic cucumber – skin removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 inch ginger slice
- 1 inch turmeric slice
- 10 drops organic green leaf stevia
- 1/2 handful mint leaves
Add all of the ingredients together to a blender and mix until smooth. Drink immediately and ENJOY!