If you have a garden, I’m sure you have a large amount of zucchini this time of year. One of my favorite thing to do with all the zucchini I have is turning those piles of never ending green squash into a delicious zucchini pasta dish. No, it does not taste “exactly” like pasta, but I actually think it taste better and hand-down healthier for you. This dressing is also to die for and could definitely be added to many other dishes.
Grilled Shrimp Zucchini Noodles with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ⅓ cup almonds, plus one more handful
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Large handful of fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lb shrimp (26 – 30 count, peeled and de-veined)
- 3-4 medium-sized zucchini
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor add the basil, almonds, garlic, chives, paprika, ½ cup olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon zest. Pulse on medium until evenly combined and smooth. Then add the handful of almonds and pulse 3-5 times. Season with salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for 6 to 8 minutes until fully cooked and pink, and add two heaping spoonfuls of the lemon basil dressing into shrimp and toss to combine. Transfer seasoned shrimp to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, push the zucchini through the spiralizer until it become noodles. Add zucchini noodles to the same pan used for the shrimp and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat until just tender. Season the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper.
- Toss seasoned shrimp with the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!