Oh my, these are amazing! Beware you might just be tempted to eat more than one. I LOVE cookie dough and for me these came out pretty darn close to the taste of a sugar cookie dough, but they are definitely a healthier option instead of eating a couple scoops of cookie dough.
Cookie Dough Coconut Butter
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut butter (you can either buy or make coconut butter, make sure if you are buying it you buy the coconut butter, not oil. See below for a recipe.)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, mix the macadamia nuts for a couple minutes until it becomes smooth and buttery.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes. You do not want the dough to completely harden or you will not be able to roll into balls. If it does harden too much, you can place it in a bowl of warm water to soften the dough.
- Scoop out the dough and roll into small mounts. Each mound should be about 1 tablespoon.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- 2 1/2 cups of unsweetened natural coconut shreds
- Place the coconut shreds into a food process.
- Blend for 5-10 minutes while scrapping the side of the bowl.
- Remove butter from food processor and store in an airtight container.