I’ve experimented with this recipe a for a while now and I finally got the recipe down to what I was looking for. I make these for my long runs as fuels or as a snack during the day. They are packed full of good calories and nutrition, so one little bite goes a long way. If you like something that is chewy with a little crunch, then these are right up your alley.
Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites
- 1 cup nut butter, I used a mix of cashew and macadamia nut butter
- 1 cup raw un-sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw cacao nibs, this is pure raw cacao, NO sugar added.
- 1/2 almond flour
- 1/2 cup collagen hydrolysate
- 1/4 chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream, you could also use full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the nut butter and cacao nibs to a food processor and mix until the cacao is chopped and mixed into the nut butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until fully mixed.
- Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out small mounts onto the parchment paper.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer. I love storing them in my freezer because they last longer.