I am a huge fan of portabella mushrooms, one of my favorite recipes is when we make pizzas out of them. Summertime is a great time of year to make this dish because portabella pizzas always taste great when grilled. If you do not have a grill you can still cook this dish in the oven.
- 4-5 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cilantro lime pesto sauce (click to get the recipe)
- Whatever topping you would like to add
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Remove the stems from mushrooms.
- Drizzle olive oil over mushrooms and rub in with fingers.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and italian seasoning over the mushrooms and rub in with fingers.
- Put mushrooms on grill bowl side down (cavity side) for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove mushroom from grill, add your sauce and whatever toppings you want. (I added sundered tomatoes, avocados, spinach, shredded chicken and sautéed onions. After I cooked the pizzas I added the avocados.)
- Place mushrooms back on the grill and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from grill and Enjoy!!!