- 1 cup unsalted cashew butter (see notes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 10 pitted dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread out the coconut onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 5-7 minutes. Watch it carefully.
- Once the coconut is toasted, set it aside to cool for a minute.
- Turn the oven temp up to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the cashew butter, toasted coconut, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Drain the water that the dates were soaking in and add them to a blender with 2 tablespoons new water. Pulse until you get a caramel.
- Add the caramel to the food processor and pulse a few times, until it is blended in the dough.
- Spoon cookies onto a lined baking sheet. – I used a cookie scoop for this.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them off the baking sheet. Otherwise, they may fall apart.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
*You can find cashew butter at most health food stores, or you can also make it yourself. Just use 2 cups cashew pieces. Put them in the food processor and blend for 5-7 minutes.