Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
If you have ever tried and liked the brand LARA BARS, then you will love these yummy bars. They are very easy to make and delicious to eat. Anything with chocolate and peanut butter always seem to taste amazing to me. Lara Bars can also cost anywhere from $1.00 – $1.50, so making them on your own can save you some money. I usually make a big batch of multiple different flavors and store them in my freezer as a snack for my kids, or a sweet treat every once and awhile for me.
You can individually wrap them in plastic wrap and they will keep and the freezer for months. I store them in the freezer because my kids like the frozen hard texture better than the soft and chewy texture the bars have when they are stored in the fridge.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (70 %)
- Put everything into the food processor except for dark chocolate chips and blend until it forms into a dough like substance.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse multiple times until they are mixed in.
- Remove dough from processor.
- Place individual mounts of dough on plastic wrap and form into bars.
- Individually wrap the bars with plastic wrap and store in the freezer or fridge.