I’m always up for anything with macadamia nuts in it! This recipe is a twist on cookie dough, but a healthy twist that is. I love the consistency of cookie dough and these have that thick chewy texture that I like. If you just want a little bit of sweetness I would only add 1/4 cup of maple syrup or even omit the syrup all together. When it comes to the toppings my favorite was definitely the cocoa powder. I could very possibly eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Raw Macadamia Cookie Dough Bites
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 15 minutes.
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, you could add up to 1/2 of syrup if you want more sweetness.
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- Add all of the ingredients (except for shredded coconut and cocoa powder) to a food processor.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until it forms into a smooth paste.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer.
- Scoop up small amounts and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in either the coconut or cocoa powder mixture until it is fully covered.
- Store in the freezer.